File Prep for Laser, CNC, Plasma
December 28 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Do you want to learn how to set up your design files for: LASERs, CNC PLASMA CUTTER’S, CNC ROUTER and other digital fabrication machines?
Do you want to learn best practices for creating a cuttable file?
THIS CLASS IS FOR YOU!
This class will go over applications, vectorizing, and exporting to help you optimize for your projects here at MAKE.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to use drawings, photographs, web images and other sources.
- Basic scanning skills
- Basic quick skills in Photoshop and Illustrator and Affinity Designer
- Illustrator tracing tool
- Free vector programs
- Problem solving file issues
- Exporting files for the machines at MAKE
- Vector vs. Rastor/Bitmat
- What you need to know about cutting vs engraving with the Laser machines
- Where to download vectors and how to make your own vector!
- Legal use of imagery
- What is DPI? How does it affect your final job?
- What is .dxf and .svg?
Students are encouraged to bring their own computers and/or files to work on.
About the Instructor:
Jasmine Quinsier is a passionate maker professionally and in her free time. She’s defining and breaking the boundaries at the intersection between the drawn image and its digital counterpart. As part of our laser training team Jasmine overflows with positive energy and a true passion for creating using one’s hands, software, design, and laser cutting technology.