April 27th from 12:30pm – 4pm
Get a broad understanding of navigating a well equipped wood shop while learning the safety basics through practice. In this course makers will begin with unmilled lumber and process it through various wood shop machines to get hands on experience with a variety of tools in the shop resulting in a mini hat rack to take home with them!
What you’ll learn:
- Chop sawing longer lumber to size
- Face jointing to create a reference face
- Edge jointing to square edge #1
- Planing to a specific thickness using reference face and proper wood orientation
- Rip and crosscut table saw instruction to achieve designation size
- Drill press instruction to achieve both through and depth-designated bores
- Band saw detailing
Please note: Workshop attendees will need to be properly outfitted to attend this course. This includes: closed toed shoes, a long sleeve shirt, long pants, and a way to secure long hair.
Safety equipment including protective glasses and hearing protection are provided by MAKE Santa Fe.
Out of stock - Join the waitlist to be emailed when this product becomes available