May 22nd from 3:00pm – 7:00pm
Get a broad understanding of navigating a well equipped wood shop while learning the safety basics through practice. In this course makers will begin with un-milled lumber and process it through various wood shop machines to get hands on experience with a variety of tools in the shop resulting in a mini hat rack to take home with them!
What you’ll learn:
- Chop sawing longer lumber to size
- Face jointing to create a reference face
- Edge jointing to square edge #1
- Planing to a specific thickness using reference face and proper wood orientation
- Rip and crosscut table saw instruction to achieve designation size
- Drill press instruction to achieve both through and depth-designated bores
- Band saw detailing
Workshop attendees will need to be properly outfitted to attend this course. This includes: closed toed shoes, a long sleeve shirt, long pants, and a way to secure long hair.
Safety equipment including protective glasses and hearing protection are provided by MAKE Santa Fe.
About the Instructor:
Out of stock - Join the waitlist to be emailed when this product becomes available