Metalshop & MIG Welding Badge
March 5th & 6th from 2:00pm – 7:00pm
Embark on the exciting journey of creating with metal. Get hands-on training on the many tools required for cutting, bending, shaping, grinding, drilling, and welding steel in the MAKE metal shop. Students will go through the various steps and techniques required to build their very own ornamental steel table.
This is a two day-class—five hours each day with extra time to finish your table. The first day introduces the shop and how to use equipment safely while cutting and grinding the parts of the table. The second day is a deeper review of safety, equipment and tools, welding/grinding, and finishing your table.
What you’ll learn:
Participants will receive a comprehensive introduction into:
- Tool Safety and Shop Cleanliness
- Abrasive Saw
- Horizontal Bandsaw
- Angle Grinder (Cutting, Grinding, Finishing)
- Bench Grinder
- Drum Sander
- Drill Press
- MIG Welding and proper welding machine operation
- No prior metal working experience is needed to participate.
- This class is a requirement for usage of the metal shop at MAKE Santa Fe
- Proper attire is mandatory: closed toed leather boots, long cotton or natural fiber shirt and pants (NO SYNTHETIC FIBERS ALLOWED). Long hair must be tied back.
- Safety glasses, gloves, and hearing protection are required and will be provided by MAKE
About the Instructor:
*** All attendees must wear face masks and adhere to MAKE’s cleaning protocols. Thank you for your cooperation!