Metalshop – Beginner Metal Tools and MIG Welding
April, 28th. 12:00pm-8:00pm
About the course:
Embark on the exciting journey of creating with Metal. Get hands on training on the many tools required for cutting, bending, shaping, grinding, drilling, and welding steel in the MAKE metal shop. Students will go through the various steps and techniques required to build their very own ornamental steel table. Make steel bend to your whim and bring your metal dreams to life! Rock on!
What you’ll learn:
Participants will receive a comprehensive introduction into:
- Tool Safety and Shop Cleanliness
- Abrasive Saw
- Horizontal Bandsaw
- Angle Grinder (Cutting, Grinding, Finishing)
- Bench Grinder
- Drum Sander
- Drill Press
- MIG Welding and proper welding machine operation
- No prior metal working experience is needed to participate.
- This class is a requirement for usage of the metal shop at MAKE Santa Fe
- Proper attire is mandatory: closed toed leather boots, long cotton or natural fiber shirt and pants (NO SYNTHETIC FIBERS ALLOWED). Long hair must be tied back.
- Safety glasses, gloves, and hearing protection are required and will be provided by MAKE
3 in stock