February 20th from 12:00 – 3:00pm
This course will introduce you to the basic principles of Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Machining (CAM) while using the CNC Shaper tool. In this class we will explain the relationship between CAD & CAM and you will learn how to safely and efficiently use the CNC Shaper tool.
Each student will be able to take home a project they cut with the Shaper!
What you’ll learn:
• Designing & Vectorizing an image in illustrator and how to export a dxf, svg, ai file
• CAM tool pathing, specifically pocketing, engraving, inside profiling and outside profiling
• Safely handling the CNC Shaper tool
• Woodshop PPE best practices
• General digital fabrication vocabulary
No prior experience is necessary to use the Shaper.
About the instructor:
Julian Gingell is a digital fabricator and designer who works as an Interior Designer and Project Manager for DMC in Santa Fe.
Sarah Dallas is a digital fabricator and designer who has worked for Meow Wolf, Extraordinary Structures and runs her own custom design/digital fabrication business, Dallas Works, LLC in Santa Fe, NM.
Both Julian and Sarah love working on teams toward a collective goal as well as teaching/learning new skills to empower themselves and each other to D.I.Y.!
2 in stock
It costs Make Santa Fe 2.9% plus $0.30 every time we process a credit card. Will you help us cover those costs?
Cover Our Costs (+3%)
— OR —