August 5th from 2:00pm – 6:00pm
Cutting metal by hand can be exhausting, so why not learn how to make a robot do it for you? Take your metal work to the next level as you learn to process basic vector or CAD drawings into precision cut steel designs with our CNC plasma cutter.
What you’ll learn:
• Fundamentals of plasma cutting and the science behind it
• Basic CAD process and exporting files for plasma cutting
• A thorough breakdown of the various components of the plasma cutter
• Consumables and replaceable parts
• Cutting capabilities of various sized materials
• Step-by-step instructions for safely operating the machine
• Guidelines for troubleshooting common errors
This workshop is for the CNC plasma table only. Members wishing to use the rest of the metal shop tools will still need to attend the metal shop badge workshop offered separately.
A basic understanding of working in a metal shop is helpful but no previous experience is required.
Safety Equipment Required for Class:
Provided by MAKE
About the Instructor:
You’ll find the song of nature in much of Cia Thorne’s work. Organic shapes that mimic the patterns of the earth are the arias in her symphony of glass. With over 30 years practicing in this preferred medium, she combines traditional glasswork and creativity to reinvent the architecture of glass work. She also has deep expertise in the complexities of metalwork. Cia has invested countless hours collaborating with other artists and creating her own work.
*** All attendees must wear face masks and adhere to MAKE’s cleaning protocols. Thank you for your cooperation!
1 in stock
It costs Make Santa Fe 2.9% plus $0.30 every time we process a credit card. Will you help us cover those costs?
Cover Our Costs (+3%)
— OR —