August 31st from 12:30a – 4:30pm
Cutting metal by hand can be exhausting, so why not learn how to make a robot do it for you? Take your metal work to the next level as you learn to process basic vector or CAD drawings into precision cut steel designs with our CNC plasma cutter.
What you’ll learn:
• Fundamentals of plasma cutting and the science behind it
• Basic CAD process and exporting files for plasma cutting
• A thorough breakdown of the various components of the plasma cutter
• Consumables and replaceable parts
• Cutting capabilities of various sized materials
• Step-by-step instructions for safely operating the machine
• Guidelines for troubleshooting common errors
This workshop is for the CNC plasma table only. Members wishing to use the rest of the metal shop tools will still need to attend the metal shop badge workshop offered separately.
A basic understanding of working in a metal shop is helpful but no previous experience is required.
Safety Equipment Required for Class:
About the Instructor:
Maxwell Cohn has built, broken, blown-up, reworked, fixed and rebuilt things for most of his life. When his BFA in film production wasn’t getting his hands dirty enough, he changed paths to metal and tech fabrication where he’s work for the past 9 years.
He has worked with numerous shops and artists over those years in Brooklyn, NY creating large installations and pieces that have traveled around the world. Max started volunteering at MAKE almost immediately after moving to Santa Fe a year ago. He is currently a Fabricator/Laser Cutter Operator at Meow Wolf in Santa Fe
Out of stock - Join the waitlist to be emailed when this product becomes available