Are you MAKE Santa Fe’s new director?
Applications for this position are now closed. If you applied, you will receive confirmation and a notification on process and scheduling.
Santa Fe’s community makerspace is searching for a bold and capable captain to lead MAKE Santa Fe into the future!
Or back from it. Or whatever–the point is, we’re looking for an executive director who is equally stunning in a tight weave of strategy peppered with accountability or in a loose fitting ensemble of creativity, vision and off-the-cuff iteration.
Do you have a passion for making, inventing and inspiring coupled with a drive to organize, manage and systematize?
If so, you are NOT normal, but we may very well want to give you money in exchange for doing those things here in beautiful Santa Fe, New Mexico. MAKE Santa Fe is looking for a focused and dedicated individual who is enthusiastic about managing both staff and volunteers and understands that we prioritize cultivating an inclusive community in which the needs priorities of all of our members and constituents are of paramount importance.
We especially encourage homegrown Santa Fe, New Mexico state, and Mountain West talent to apply AND we openly welcome applications from anywhere!
APPLY BELOW! Deadline: April 30, 2018
MAKE Santa Fe mission:
Salary: $45,000 to $55,000 annually depending on a lot of different things, OK?
MAKE Santa Fe (MSF) is a community workspace providing access to tools, technologies and training to empower craft, creativity and entrepreneurship throughout northern New Mexico and beyond.
The Executive Director is the organization’s key management leader. This position is responsible for overseeing MSF’s administration, programs and strategic planning. Other key duties are responsibility for fundraising, marketing and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Implement organizational mission and strategy: Work with board, and supervise staff and volunteers to ensure MAKE Santa Fe’s mission is fulfilled through strategic planning and program implementation.
Drive community partnerships: Connect with other organizations and cross-sector partners to improve community outreach and outcomes.
Ensure financial viability and performance: Develop resources sufficient to ensure the financial health and sustainability of the organization.
Oversee organizational operations: Generate and assign resources for effective operation of the organization.
Oversee facility management: Equipment acquisition and upkeep, building maintenance and care, space capacity, ventilation, accessibility, safety, etc
Includes stewardship of:
- Membership community—grow membership, develop and maintain member services
- Educational programs—workshops, equipment certifications, other courses, workforce development
- Development and fundraising—implement board development directives including personal gift cultivation and fundraising events
- Oversight for grants and service contracts
- Marketing including brand management, print and social media
- Familiarity with maker culture and passionate commitment to its philosophical vision
- Strong organizational abilities including strategic planning, program development, task delegation and completion
- Ability to convey MAKE Santa Fe’s status and future to multiple audiences—staff and volunteers, donors, media, local and national partners. Entrepreneurial spirit, preferably including experience with public/private community partnerships
- Public speaking and writing skills Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations (especially those unique to the Santa Fe community)
- Financial management skills including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Proven track record as a paid or volunteer leader for a non-profit organization (preferable)
MAKE Santa Fe is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, or physical or mental disability.
Applicants identified for an interview will be invited to participate in an open Q&A process to learn more about the organization before structured interviews begin.
APPLY NOW! Or, email with precise questions. Deadline: April 30, 2018
Applications are now closed. Thank you for your interest. Please direct any questions to email@example.com