July 6 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm$40.00
Feeling rusty on equipment used in our woodshop? Then this is for you! This class is for folks who have already taken our woodshop badge but want a refresher course that goes over all the equipment operation and safety again to have you feeling more confident in the shop. Bring your questions!
Personalized refresher based on participants covers:
- Chop saw – we have a Makita compound mitersaw
- Jointer – one face and one edge
- Planer – mill opposite face parallel to jointed face, and to specific dimensional thickness
- Table saw – Rip and crosscut (sled)
- Drill press – both through and depth-designated bores
- Band saw detailing
- Router table
- Sanders – belt, disc, spindle
- Handheld tools – drill, impact driver, jigsaw, circular saw, handheld random orbital sander
- Shop safety and clean-up procedures
- Workshop attendees will need to be properly outfitted to attend this course. This includes closed-toed shoes and long hair tied back.
- You must have taken our Woodshop Badge in the past
- Safety equipment including protective glasses and hearing protection are provided by MAKE Santa Fe but bring yours if you have them. Students must be at least 16 years of age. Minors must have parental permission and signed waiver (ask us).