- This event has passed.
July 24 @ 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm$90.00
Get a broad understanding of navigating a well-equipped wood shop while learning the safety basics through practice. In this course, makers will begin with un-milled lumber and process it through various wood shop machines to get hands-on experience with a variety of tools in the shop resulting in a mini hat rack to take home with them!
What you’ll learn:
- Chop sawing longer lumber to size
- Face jointing to create a reference face
- Edge jointing to square edge #1
- Planing to a specific thickness using reference face and proper wood orientation
- Rip and crosscut table saw instruction.
- Drill press instruction to achieve both through and depth-designated bores
- Band saw detailing
- Router table edge detailing
Workshop attendees will need to be properly outfitted to attend this course. This includes closed-toed shoes, long pants preferred, and a way to secure long hair.
Safety equipment including protective glasses and hearing protection is provided by MAKE Santa Fe but bring yours if you have them.
Students must be at least 16 years of age. Minors must have parental permission and a signed waiver (ask us).