Metalshop/MIG Welding Badge
September 16 @ 10:00 am – September 17 @ 2:00 pm
Embark on the exciting journey of creating with metal. Get hands-on training on the many tools required for cutting, bending, shaping, grinding, drilling, and welding steel in the MAKE metal shop. Students will go through the various steps and techniques required to build their own ornamental steel table.
This is a two-day class, four hours each day from 10:00-14:00. The first day introduces the shop and how to use equipment safely while cutting and grinding the table parts. The second day is a deeper review of safety, equipment and tools, welding/grinding, and finishing your table.
What you’ll learn:
Participants will receive a comprehensive introduction into:
- Tool Safety and Shop Cleanliness
- Abrasive Saw
- Horizontal Bandsaw
- Angle Grinder (Cutting, Grinding, Finishing)
- Bench Grinder
- Drum Sander
- Drill Press
- MIG Welding and proper welding machine operation
- No prior metalworking experience is needed to participate.
- This class is a requirement for usage of the metal shop at MAKE Santa Fe
- Proper attire is mandatory: closed-toed leather boots, long cotton or natural fiber shirt, and pants (NO SYNTHETIC FIBERS ALLOWED). Long hair must be tied back.
- Safety equipment, including protective glasses and hearing protection, are provided by MAKE Santa Fe but bring yours if you have them.
- Students must be at least 16 years of age. Minors must have parental permission and a signed waiver (ask us).
About the Instructor:
0 people are attending Metalshop/MIG Welding Badge