CNC Shaper Origin
September 28 @ 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm$85.00
This course will introduce you to the basic principles of using the Shaper Origin, a handheld CNC router used in the Woodshop. In this class we will explain the features of this innovative tool and you will learn how to safely and efficiently use it. We will also explain how you can import your designs directly to the tool to start cutting your own creations. Each student will take home a project they cut with the Shaper Origin!
What you’ll learn:
• Importing a vector design, Illustrator file, SVG or other
• Tool pathing, specifically pocketing, engraving, inside profiling and outside profiling
• When and when not to use the Shaper Origin
• Safely handling the CNC Shaper tool
• Woodshop PPE best practices
• General digital fabrication vocabulary
No prior experience is necessary to use the Shaper.
About the Instructor:
Scott Thomas (a.k.a. SimpleScott) has been an educator, designer, builder, thinker, tinkerer, and human. He’s built places and spaces, businesses and brands. He’s built things of wood, things of logic, and things of dreams. He’s built big things, small things, and many things in between. Things that made people inspired, made people share, and made people hope. Now — he’s hoping to build things that might— build meaning, fix our fragile existence, and mend our relationships with each other.